Energy Answers' staff have worked with several renowned authors and authorities on solid waste management and sustainable development, as well as many of the leading academic institutions in the United States. The following individuals are familiar with Energy Answers’ approach to sustainable development and resource recovery.
Marian R. Chertow, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor of Industrial Environmental Management, Director of the Program on Solid Waste Policy, and Director of the Industrial Environmental Management Program -Yale University, School of Forestry & Environmental Studies
- Author: “Thinking Ecologically: The Next Generation of Environmental Policy”
- Former President of the Connecticut Resource Recovery Authority
- Partner of SC Partners, LLC, a Washington-based consulting firm specializing in state and federal legislative processes, the regulatory arena and environmental markets
- Former Vice President for the Integrated Waste Services Association, the leading trade group for the waste-to-energy industry and was responsible for directing overall legislative and media strategies that included working with Congress, federal agencies, state legislatures and the media
- Former Assistant Executive Director for the United States Conference of Mayors, the leading nonpartisan organization for our cities' mayors
John P. DeVillars
- Adjunct Professor - Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Former U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's New England Administrator, Region I
- Former Secretary of Environmental Affairs for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Founder and Managing Partner of BlueWave Strategies
Alan Eschenroeder, Ph.D.
- Adjunct Lecturer on Environmental Science and Engineering, Department of Environmental Health, Harvard University - School of Public Health
Young Hwan Kim, Ph.D.
- Professor of Materials Science and Chemical Engineering, Hong Ik University, Seoul Korea
- Adjunct Professor - School of Engineering and Applied Science, Columbia University
Ernest A. Lowe
- Chief Scientist of the Center for Eco-Planning and Development at Dalian University of Technology
- Planning Associate for an eco-industrial park development in Northern California for the Economic Development Alliance for Business
- Strategic Planner with Sandia National Laboratory and Science Applications International Corporation on developing their industrial ecology research agendas and consulting practices.
- Author: “Discovering Industrial Ecology: an Executive Briefing and Sourcebook”
- Author: Fieldbook for the Development of Eco-Industrial Parks, prepared for U.S. EPA under a cooperative agreement with Research Triangle Institute.
- Director of Indigo Development
Marie Lynn Miranda, Ph.D.
- Associate Research Professor, Environmental Sciences and Policy Division - Duke University, Nicholas School of the Environment
- Director, Children's Environmental Health Initiative
Bruce W. Piasecki, Ph.D.
- Former Professor, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - Environmental Management & Policy Program
- Author: In Search of Environmental Excellence: Moving Beyond Blame; Environmental Management & Business Strategy; and Leadership Skills for the 21st Century; and Corporate Environmental Strategy: The Avalanche of Change Since Bhopal
- Founder and President - American Hazard Control Group, Inc.
Paul Queneau, Ph.D., P.E.
- Adjunct Professor, Colorado School of Mines - Environmental Science and Engineering Department
- Consulting Metallurgical Engineer, P.B. Queneau & Associates, Inc.
William L. Rathje, Ph.D.
- Founder and Director, The Garbage Project
- Professor Emeritus, University of Arizona - Department of Anthropology
- Visiting Professor, Stanford University - Archeology Center
- Author [with C. Murphy]: Rubbish! and [with R. Lilienfeld]: Use Less Stuff: Environmental Solutions for Who We Really Are
Sara Schley and Joe Laur
- Authors: “The Sustainability Challenge" and "Creating Sustainable Organizations"
Nickolas J. Themelis, Ph.D.
- Stanley - Thompson Professor of Chemical Metallurgy, Department of Earth and Environmental Engineering, and Director, Earth Engineering Center, Columbia University
- Environmental Conservation Distinguished Service Award of the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and Petroleum Engineers
- Chair and co-founder, with Maria Zannes of IWSA, of the Waste to Energy Research and Technology Council, an international consortium of universities, companies and other organizations concerned with materials and energy recovery from solid wastes